To our Unity Community,
As concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to permeate our lives, we wanted to take the time to provide clarity around the steps and measures we are taking as an organization and community to ensure the health and wellbeing of all stakeholders. Starting today and continuing for the immediate future we will be implementing the following protocols:
- Mutual aid and recovery support meetings held at the center will be cancelled. All stakeholders who need regular fellowship and mutual aid should consider finding a digital meeting provider, such as InTheRooms.com, or consult their local chapters.
- Individual and family peer recovery support services are still available in-person at the center during normal operating hours; however, we ask that you use the peer text line (267-935-9404) or call the center (267-748-2454) to schedule a time to speak with a peer remotely if possible.
- We will be asking all currently engaged participants to speak with their peer specialists via phone, text, or video chat for the immediate future. If this is not possible, we will develop individualized action plans on a case by case basis.
- Recovery Yoga will continue as normally scheduled for the time being.
- If you are sick or have any symptoms that include coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, or fever, please stay home and consult a medical professional. We ask for your safety and that of our community that you are symptom free for 24-hours before coming to the center.
- Please use the peer text line or call the center if you need assistance in accessing or navigating the public health or physical healthcare system in Philadelphia.
During this difficult and evolving time, we ask for your understanding and patience as we navigate what is best for our staff, our community, and the larger Philadelphia area. We will continue to serve as long as we are able to safely do so. This page will be updated as processes change or new information becomes available, so please check back regularly. If you have any questions, please direct them to Executive Director Robert Ashford at contact(@)unityrecovery.org.
Thank you and warm wishes,
Robert D. Ashford, MSW